Introducing yoga to children in a fun & inspiring way!
This wonderful, heart opening 50 hour Kids Yoga Teacher Training is designed to train students how to teach yoga mainly to children from ages 2 to 11. Led by experienced kids yoga teacher of 20 years Yasmin F. Gow, we will also briefly discuss ways to introduce yoga to babies and adolescents.
Introducing children to yoga is hugely beneficial to both teacher and participants! Children learn coping skills for times of stress and emotional ups & downs, while entertaining physical challenges like balancing on one foot and consciously uniting breath and movement. Teachers have the opportunity to connect with their own inner child in a funny and inspiring way. Children’s yoga classes are rarely calm and peaceful, but that’s part of the fun! Of course, practices and techniques are adapted to the developmental stages of the children and adolescents. And depending on the age of the participant, we use music, games, stories and a whole ‘jungle’ of postures to capture their attention and guide them through a process of relaxation and self-awareness.
Kids Yoga Teacher Training Topics
- Developmental stages & interests of children and adolescents;
- Learning the principles of the “Asanas Jungle” – yoga postures for children;
- Approach & Sequencing of classes for different age categories 2-3, 4-5, 5-6, 7-9, 9-11, 12-16;
- How the brain develops;
- Baby & Toddler yoga considerations;
- Understand the purpose and benefits of children’s yoga;
- Yoga themes;
- Yoga games and the importance of play;
- Learn through music and songs;
- Meditation and pranayama for children & adolescents;
- The anatomy of the developing child & injury prevention;
- Teaching and problem-solving methods;
- Stress coping skills for children & adolescents;
- Considerations for children with Special needs;
- Ayurveda and children;
- Children’s yoga beyond the mat: healthy snacks, social behaviour, sleep and more.
Weekend Training with Yasmin & Special guests: Mar. 20-22, 2020; 8am – 6pm (30 Hrs)
Online Lectures 8-10pm : Mar 16, Mar 30, April 6 & April 20 (8 hrs)
Practicum: 6-10 classes of 30-60 mins (TBD)
$749 + tax, includes teaching manual (Save 10% before Feb 28!) – payment plan also available.