Things are progressing nicely with the Moon Salutations. I am actually working on a little video to show you a clip of my practice, but it’s not ready yet. So meanwhile, here’s a vegan chocolate chip cookie recipe from Emilie Brunet, one of my yoga teacher trainees at Om West:
- 1 cup coconut butter, almond butter (or margarine)
- 1 1/2 cup natural crane sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 3/4 cup flour (spelt, whole wheat, or kamut)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
2. In a large bowl, beat margarine, both sugars, applesauce and vanilla until well blended.
3. In a medium-sized bowl, sift together flour, baking soda and salt.
4. Beat the flour mixture into the wet ingredients.
5. Add the chocolate chips and mix well distributing them evenly.
6. Drop balls of dough on non-stick cookie sheets.
7. Bake for 9-10 minutes or until edges have browned.
I’ve also been meaning to share my new favorite playlist of yoga tunes. This was complied by Bruce Chase Dunn, another teacher trainee. It’s such an amazing mix. (Maybe one of you blog supporters might be able to create an YouTube playlist of these tracks or another cool playlist for us to practice to??? I hear this is possible…)
Bruce’s Radio Om mix
- Visions of you – Jah Wobble
- Walking thru babylon – Thievery Corp.
- Teardrop – Massive Attack
- The Stopper – Cutty Ranks
- I Hear Vibrations – Wooden Shjips
- Holographic Universe – Thievery Corp.
- One More Dub – The Clash
- Two Sevens Clash – Culture
- First Snow – Emancipator
- Clap + form your soul – Damu
- Lagos Communique – Thievery Corp.
- Regiment – Eno + Bvrne
- Angel – Massive Attack
- Seen + not seen – Talking Heads
- Keep On Runnin’ – Cat Power
- House of Cards – Radio Head
If you have any other cookie recipes or playlists to share, please post them. Craig is a cookie monster and I am forever looking for cool music to practice to.
+ April 18th is just around the corner. This will mark the last day of my 54 day Moon Salutations and the one year anniversary of the 108 x 108 day practice. I would like to do something really cool and I want you all involved. Any ideas?Add to fav