This spring cleanse program is inspired by ayurveda, the ancient Indian medical system I practice. It holistic and works all levels: physical, mental, emotional and energetic as well.
I do a customized cleanse program for my clients, which ideal for addressing specific needs and/or health goals. However, I wanted to share suggestions for a gentle spring cleanse that almost anyone can do — Please read the disclaimer at the bottom. The program outlined here does not involve aggressive purgation or detoxification, yet it is still highly effective and harmonizing.
Stronger metabolism & immunity;
Healthy weight management;
Improve body composition;
Promote mental clarity;
More restful sleep;
Improve skin tone & lustre;
Brightness of eyes;
Basically, it is a total reset for the system and the best time for following a cleanse program is in the spring or fall when the weather is neither too hot nor too cold.
Spring Cleanse Program Overview
- You will likely have about 4-5 ‘meals’ per day during the cleanse. If you aren’t hungry, don’t eat;
- Eat soups (ideally blended) and lightly steamed greens – lentil soup recipe
- Avoid all fruit except apples & pears (best cooked);
- Eliminate wheat, coffee, alcohol, meat, dairy, sugar, high fat & processed food.
- Arbonne Detox Tea has fantastic, high quality kidney and liver cleansing herbs. One tea bag makes about one litre – drink this warm or at room temp during the day;
- Chlorophyll and aloe is also good in water;
- Arbonne Essentials Body Cleanse – I love this product because it is easy to use, tastes good and everyone can benefit from it. The active ingredients are aloe for cleansing, ginger for circulation and anti-inflammation as well as magnesium to help the body relax and process. Take 1 sachet at night in warm or hot water or 1/2 in the morning & 1/2 at night in warm water or hot water;
- Triphala in larger doses or in conjunction with the Arbonne Body Cleanse is also beneficial. Triphala is a blend of three herbs that has a laxative effect on the body. You can take tripahla along with the Body Cleanse for better results. (I like the herbs from Bayan Botanicals or Himalaya – easier to get Himalaya in Canada)
- It’s important to rest your mind during the cleanse time;
- Avoid television, social media and other distracting mental activity as much as possible;
- Avoid extensive social outings and late nights;
- If possible, avoid traffic, unnecessary errands and housework;
- Practice gratitude;
- Day dream and be creative;
- Favour books that inspire you and calming music;
- Adopt a comfortable routine – create it and you can send it to me;
- Sleep on time, eat on time;
- Ayurvedic massage (abhyanga) and/or warm oil (shirodhara) treatment is highly recommended as part of a cleanse program – For these services in Montreal, I recommend you go to the Ayurvedic Holistic Centre in NDG or contact my dear friend Vanesa Ayurveda.
DISCLAIMER: This cleanse program can be done by almost anyone. However, your immunity system and strength should be stable – do not attempt a detox when you are sick, extremely tired or very stressed. Exclusive cleanse diet is not recommended for women who are pregnant or breastfeeding.
If you would like a personalized cleanse program, please contact us to book a private consultation with me.
Add to fav