Good Morning! I have always been a morning person, but found establishing an effective routine a challenge. This changed recently. My Miracle Morning routine is inspired by the fantastic book Miracle Morning by Hal Elrod, which I highly recommend. My Miracle Morning Routine has drastically improved my mood, productivity and energy levels.
After a few weeks of this routine, I now feel confident to share it with you.
The night before I prep for the next day –
- Set out my yoga/ exercise clothes & my ‘rest of the day’ clothes – I spent most of my life in yoga pants, so when I’m not practicing or teaching, I like to dress like a normal person in dresses, shorts or jeans, weather dependant of course;
- Prepare my morning greens – I fill up two (and a half) tall mason jars (what I use for glasses) with filtered water and cover them. I set up my ‘Greens Station’: Arbonne Greens Balance (it’s seriously the best Greens ever), 1 sachet of Arbonne Energy Fizz & a lime;
- Prepare Breakfast Stuff for smoothie & Koji – Wash & chop fruits & veg for the smoothie, prepare cut fruit for our little man and defrost Koji’s pancakes in the fridge (I make a bunch of pancakes for Koji on Mondays and freeze them for the week);
- My Bedtime should be 10:30pm, but usually ends up being 11:30pm by the time I’m ready for bed… I am still working at rolling back my bedtime.
Miracle Morning Routine Part I
- 6:05am – Wake up – I use the Bedtime App on my phone. It’s a little nicer than an alarm;
- 6:10am – Brush teeth, wash face & dress – I use Arbonne’s newly formulated RE9 Advanced Anti-aging line – see video. It’s five steps that feel like a spa treatment and my skin has never been better. The new RE9 is unbelievable. (Let me know if you want to try a sample);
- 6:20am Mix up Greens Drinks for Arturo, Koji & I;
- 6:30am – Meditate & Breathing exercises ~15 mins – I wish this was longer, because sometimes I go really deep in just a few short minutes;
- 6:45am – Write ~15 mins – Sometimes I write in my journal. Sometimes I write in Koji’s journal. Sometimes I “Brain Dump” all the things I have to do that are floating around in my head. And sometimes I ‘write and burn’ all my tensions, fears and worries;
- 7:00am – Koji wakes up (if he isn’t up all ready) – We cuddle, have booby milk, change diapers, etc.
- 7:30am – Yoga – I roll out my mat and lay out ‘toys’ (boxes, bottles, lids, spoons and maybe a ball or two) for Koji to play with. My practice is usually a mix of opening poses and different versions of sun salutations and is often interrupted by Koji digging into something he isn’t supposed to. I just take these mini pauses part of my practice and when possible, I will practice again in the afternoon for a longer session;
- 8:00am – Breakfast – Koji has fruit (blueberries, strawberries, orange, mango or melon – he loves fruit) while I prepare a smoothie or warm up his pancakes in the toaster (I make a batch and freeze them);
- 8:30am – Arturo usually wakes up, unless he worked overnight which he is often required to do. We have smoothies and clean up breakfast;
- 9:00am – Walk or Gym – I take Koji out for a nice long ‘power walk’ during which time I listen to a podcasts or audio books like The Miracle Morning. Alternatively, I will go the the gym below our Loft in Old Montreal. Trainer Roberto Starnino makes me a new program every month and I like the balance between yoga & strength training.
Miracle Morning Routine Part II
- 10:00am – Koji Naps. I shower & dress;
- 10:30am – Coffee & toast (or tea and/or granola) + Emails – I am not hungry in the first thing morning, so mid-morning I have a coffee or tea plus a small something like gluten-free toast and sit down to respond to emails, texts or messages. I often spend 30 mins or so catching up on things and organizing. I may also schedule meetings or calls during this time;
- 11:00am – Arbonne stuff – place orders, follow up calls and/or book appointments. My Arbonne business is important as it allows me freedom and flexibility to travel six month a year, so I make time for it everyday;
- 11:30am – Koji Wakes up from his nap – Booby milk, diaper change and play;
- 12:30pm – Lunch – Koji typically has a veggie patty, avocado and steamed veggies. I have a big salad, soup or steamed veggies over quinoa or rice (I try to have 6-8 cups of veggies a day);
- 1:00pm – Arturo and I switch parenting duties. Three mornings and two afternoons a week, I am the ‘parent on-duty’ and then we switch and Arturo becomes the parent on duty. Since we both work from home, this works really well as it allows us both to have time for ourselves and work on our respective businesses.
My Miracle Morning routine has been very helpful for me, as I tend to be a little disorganized and easily distracted. Having daily rituals allow me to save my creative ideas and decision making power for important stuff rather than on mundane things like what to wear, what to have for breakfast and when to exercise. I don’t always follow this perfectly, but it does help me stay on track and sets up the rest of my day beautifully.
Love to hear about your Miracle Morning Routines, so please share.
And if you are interested in starting / restarting a healthy routine with guidance, you may enjoy my 30 Day Healthy Living Program.
- Super Smoothie Recipes
- My favourite Vegan Protein Powder for Smoothies
- Simple Plant Based Food Plan
- Why Practice Yoga